Ivory Coast named Kolo Toure as their new coach


Former Arsenal and Manchester City defender Kolo Toure has been appointed as the new assistant coach of Ivory Coast.

Toure, who is also a technical assistant with Scottish champion, Celtic, will combine the two coaching roles as he hope to help Ivory Coast qualify for the World Cup.

The 36 year-old will work alongside the head coach, Mark Wilmonts, who was the former Coach of Belgium, for the forthcoming Ivory Coast's World Cup qualifiers.

The former Liverpool defender joined the coaching staff of his most recent club, Celtic, after he officially retired from the beautiful game last month.

"Any club I have been the managers all spoke to me about the next step and wanted me to be involved in coaching " Toure told Press Association Sport.

"I love to speak to the players and when I play I like to advice that is what I learned from Martin Keown, Patrick Vieira, Sol Campbell, Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp.

"I can still call them and ask for their advice because I still have a very good relationship with all of them."

" I'ave also worked with top managers and am privileged to have worked with those guys  and I still have contact with them. "

Toure, who was the former captain of Ivory Coast, will make his debut in the dugout on Saturday, October 7, when the Elephants play against Mali in Bamako.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cristiano Ronaldo: Champions league top scorer Since 2013

'There is no going back, am leaving Real Madrid' - Ronaldo told his international team-mates on friday

My girlfriend is pregnant- Ronaldo