Lukaku aiming to emulate Ronaldo's success at Manchester United


Romelu Lukaku wants to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo's career at Manchester United as he eyes goals and trophies under Jose Mourinho.

Lukaku arrived from Everton in a deal reportedly worth £75million, having scored 25 Premier League goals last season and 53 in total after leaving Chelsea in 2014.

"I'm far from that level. But it's the level I want to aim for. I'm 24, I can't say I'm the complete package. I can't say I'm in my prime," Lukaku said. "There is a lot of work to be done and I'm delighted that there is still work to be done. That means I can become even better than I am. That's the state of mind I have — I always want to be better. There is always room to improve. I just want to become the best player I can be. I'll never say it's good enough. It's a pressure I put on myself. When you play for United you have to perform every week."

When asked about comparisons to Didier Drogba, Lukaku said, "I'm different. Drogba is more of a hold-up player, a target man. I prefer to have ball to feet and run in behind. We're totally different. We might have physical similarities but we're totally different players. I'm Romelu Lukaku, I want to create my own history. I'm at United, he was at Chelsea."

The Belgium international has scored 85 goals in the premier league since he joined Chelsea from Anderlecht in 2011. He scored 17 goals during his loan spell at West Brom and also netted 68 league goals for the Toffees before moving to Manchester United, where he will hope to add more to his tally.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cristiano Ronaldo: Champions league top scorer Since 2013

'There is no going back, am leaving Real Madrid' - Ronaldo told his international team-mates on friday

My girlfriend is pregnant- Ronaldo