Luis Suarez breaks down in tears as his first club honours him


Barcelona striker Luis Suarez broke down in tears as his first club, Nacional in Uruguay named their synthetic  stadium after him.

The Uruguayan international and his family were the special guests of honour at the opening ceremony of a pitch his first team, Nacional named after him.

The tearful 30 year-old forward said he really wanted to be at the ceremony because he want his children to know where their father began his professional football career.

"The feeling is of emotional and joy," he said at the opening ceremony of the stadium named after him.

"For a long time I couldn't come, everyone will understand because of a calender issue which is difficult to compromise.

" I wanted my children to know where I came from, where I was born as a footballer."



The former Ajax Amsterdam and Liverpool striker said he is very proud to be honoured by the club, he also urged the club to remembered other players as well.

"Although they will go through very difficult at the age of 13, 14, 15, 18.... in fact at any age....the players must always enjoy themselves. And never give up. Because of each one's pride, they can not give up.

"I say it because I have been through a lot here in Nacional, I have always been treated spectacularly. Am privileged to have a pitch in my name and I am very grateful to Nacional." he concluded.

Luis Suarez began his professional career as a youth player for Nacional in 2003. He scored 10 league goals as a first team player with Nacional.

At the age of 19, he was transferred to Groningen in the Dutch Eredivisie league. He moved to Ajax in 2007 before coming to the English Premier League with Liverpool in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cristiano Ronaldo: Champions league top scorer Since 2013

'There is no going back, am leaving Real Madrid' - Ronaldo told his international team-mates on friday

My girlfriend is pregnant- Ronaldo