Anthony Joshua defeated wladimir Klitschko in the ELEVENTH round of the heavyweight fight


Anthony Joshua defeated Wladimir Klitschko in the eleventh round of the heavyweight title clash at the Wembley Stadium on Saturday night. The match was watched by 90,000 fans in the national Stadium.

The 27 year old Briton has now knocked out his opponent 19 times in his first 19 professional fights.

Both heavyweight titans pushed themselves to the limits, Joshua dropped the Ukrainian in the fifth round. The former unified champion becomes the first man to send Joshua to the canvas since he turned pro.

Anthony Joshua, who won Gold for Great Britain in the London 2012 Olympics won the WBA world titles and retained his IBF berth after he landed a brutal Uppercut which knocked out the former world champion.

The Ukrainian rose to continue after Joshua's right hand uppercut landed on his face, but the Briton was on hand to land him the final blow.

Wladimir Klitschko rose again to combinations of blows from Joshua. The Ukrainian fights on despite being hurt but the American referee ended the match.

After the fight Klitschko said: " Both fighters gave their best. The best man won tonight, and it's amazing event for boxing. Two gentlemen fought each other, Anthony was better today than I. It's really sad that I didn't make it tonight. I was planning to do it. It didn't work. But all the respect to Anthony and congratulations."

Klitschko failed in his attempt to match Muhammed Alli and Evander Holyfield winning the WBA world title three times.

"This is boxing. I'm only going to improve, Anthony Joshua began.



" Sometimes you can be a phenomenal boxer, but boxing is about character and when you go to the trenches, that's when you find out who you really are. In this sport, there is nowhere to hide."

"As I said from the get go, It will be a boxing classic and the best man will win. As you can see, I fought and I won that's how far I had to dig."

There was an agreement between the two gladiators to have a rematch and Wladimir Klitschko has shown interest in a rematch.

" Of course, we have it in the contract, I am right now interested. I need to analyze what the heck has happened. I did enjoy the night. I wish I could raise my hands instead of being someone who didn't make it and win the titles back. But congratulations to Anthony. He fought back and won the titles." Wladimir said

Anthony Joshua used the opportunity to call out Tyson Fury . The champ said : " Tyson Fury where are you at, babe?. I enjoy fighting. Tyson Fury, I want to give 90,000 people another chance to witness another lovely night of boxing. I just want to fight everyone in the division.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cristiano Ronaldo: Champions league top scorer Since 2013

'There is no going back, am leaving Real Madrid' - Ronaldo told his international team-mates on friday

My girlfriend is pregnant- Ronaldo